Quote:

Adam, welcome. Sure, setting the crossover on the 3808 to 60 or 80Hz, which is typically what's suggested, takes a significant part of the low bass load off the 3808. This is actually a form of active biamping, since the internal sub amp handles most of the load below the selected crossover frequency.

Well, just took the plunge. I ordered a pair of M60's with a VP150 for a voice matched center. I decided in the end that the M80's were a bit of overkill for my space (it was a really hard thing to step down to the M60's, but I think it was the right thing to do). I figure I can put some M80's in the front and move the M60's to the rear if I end up moving to a place with a more spacious theater room. Also, I have my wife talked into the W22's a few months down the line (would love the QS8's but I just cannot accomodate them physically.) The signing off on surrounds was a HUGE win for me - second only to allowing a sub. Thanks for the reply and thanks to all the people who have contributed to the endless M60/M80 threads over the last few years, I read a lot of them this weekend!