I also go with the 'whatever makes you happy' approach to giving advice on purchases. I will explain my opinion and why I think that way but won't press the matter unless I know of a serious flaw that will mean the product is bound to failure and disappointment in a short time. This comes from years of my wife asking what I think then going with her first choice anyways.

What I can share is that I heard the Omnisat FS system up against the Paradigm Studio system in a sound and video shop. It wasn't a double blind listening test or anything but the differences were not subtle in the low end so I think it's fair to say that I heard more clarity in the low end in the Paradigms. I think the Mirage's actually did go lower in bass but it just didn't sound right. Distracting almost.

However, that could have been because the Paradigms were so clear on what they could do that any extra bass would have been distracting and thus unfairly interpreted.

In any case, I throw it out there as a totally subjective opinion since you asked. It doesn't compare it to Axioms but may be helpful.

In the end, if he likes it after listening to both, let him buy it. Another option might be to see if the store would let him take the speakers to your place so he could listen to both in the same room. Again, not scientific enough for some but better than comparing from two separate rooms.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.