I want to thank everyone who posted a reply to my question. I was very curious after posting and contacted my friend and asked where he sampled the Mirage speakers – he was reluctant to say at fist and was side-stepping with an answer. Finally he blurted out Best Buy, win their Magnolia dept. He didn’t say why he wouldn’t first tell me but I believe he felt I would think less since mine were “special order”. Brushing that aside I told him I would like go and hear them for myself but also tried to tell him that what you hear in the store will be different from how they will sound in your home. “I knew you’d say that.”, he replied. In any case I agreed to go down with him for a demo, but like so many of you stated I too have done what the Romans did – wash my hands of the whole thing.
I was just very curious about this system since I had not heard them for myself and was taken back once he told me the price. Truthfully he hates the natural wood look of my Oak ValSSallo’s and gets more into to a more “modern” or industrial look – which after visiting the Mirage site (thanks for the link ctown) I think he’s really attracted look and unique design of the Mirage. In looking at the site at least he’s leaning towards the towers rather than a total satellite/sub system.
It’s that Omni tweeter on top he keep talking about. In other words his hearing with his eyes through “they’re cool” eyes – oh well. In any case I’m sure the listen will be interesting.
Thanks guys.