You ask an interesting question….. I don’t know for sure… Your best bet is to download the player’s manual and read up on it or do as Rob suggests and ask the HD fanatics at AVS (they tend to get just a weeee bit carried away at times).

I think, but not sure…., that you may be asking the player do something that it can not do. You are basically asking if the both HDMI and Component outputs of the HD player are live at the same time. I have not tried this configuration, so I don’t know what will happen. Considering the restrictive nature of DRM and HD copy write protection, I’m betting on red ( NO ).

Another option would be to rout HMDI to the 605 and component out of the 605 to your display but I don’t think that will work either. If HD data comes in on HMDI, I do not think it can be output component.

If you find out for sure what is allowed, please post back. I have a spare HD player and an older 720 TV with component inputs that my son uses. He’s been bugging me to hook up the HD player.