Hello all!

I am contemplating purchasing 4 outdoor speakers (Algonquin) to be placed along the back of my house - 2 over my 16 foot-wide deck and another 2 placed over a 16 foot-wide patio supporting my hot tub. I have a Russound multi-source/multi-zone amplifier providing whole-house audio with one zone dedicated to the 4 outdoor speakers. I need to wire the 4 outdoor speakers in parallel so that they can be served by one zone of the Russound amplifier. This will yield a 4-ohm load which the Russound amplifier cannot handle (the Russound specs indicate a minimum load of 6-ohms). In addition, the Russound amplifier only puts out 20 watts/channel which is probably not sufficient for the 4 outdoor speakers.

Anyways, I was wondering if my fellow Axiom members could suggest any reasonably priced 2-channel amplifiers that can support a 4-ohm load (2 8-ohm speakers in parallel) at the necessary wattage required for outdoor speakers? I'm not even sure the power requirements for outdoor speakers but I'm sure 20 watts isn't sufficient.

I have done a little research and am tentatively considering:
  • Behringer A500 (I believe I can get this for $320 locally - Calgary)
  • Onkyo M-282
  • 2 Outlaw 2200 mono-blocks

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Bryan