Hey DPA,

I can't really give you the direct comparison between the M60's, Monitor Audio's S6, and KEF's Q5 as I've auditioned different models. Here are my impressions of the models I've auditioned:

Monitor Audio's S8 and S10 - I was really impressed with these. These to my ears are very similar to the Axiom's in sound. However I wasn't able to put them through the same critical test with my own music, so I have to go back and do this. Reviewers have said that they tend to be bass heavy but I didn't find this as they are supplied with plugs for the ports in the back (for better bass control). Out of the three these are the most beautiful looking set.

KEF's Q7 - Very detailed, warm sound. Because of it's great off axis performance, it belts out a wide sound stage. However the sound is more laid back. KEF recently won a speaker comparison test in the August issue of WHAT HI-FI? magazine.

Axiom's M80 - Very detailed, dynamic, crisp and "forward" sound. The finish is still very attractive but at a very reasonable price. Did amazing with my own CD compilation from different genres. I am going back to have a 2nd audition.

For bang-for-the-buck, the Axiom's will probably beat most if not all its rivals. The performance they give you combined with unrivaled price point will be tough to beat. By the way I don't own any of these speakers. I'm also in the process of upgrading and right now am leaning towards the Axiom's.

Last edited by Aeromos; 08/25/03 03:25 AM.

Aeromos