Quote:

As a philospher, I would say that if the glass was in the forest and no one was there to witness it, would it be half anything?

As a financier, I would say that the glass is invested in 50% liquid assets.

As a physicist, I would say that we don't really know because the act of sampling the glass alters its contents.

As a psychiatrist, I would ask, "What did your mother say about the glass?".

As a chemist, I say the glass is always full regardless of how much liquid is in it. The balance is always whatever the atmosphere contains.
Now, of course, this leads one to the logical conclusion that if we want to maintain the performance of our speaker cables, whatever we paid for them, we should hermetically seal our cables. This will keep out the water from the half of the glass that will corrode our copper, whatever its purity, as well as keep out the air from the other half of the glass, which will oxidize our copper. And as a percentage of surface area, to keep both of these (corrosion and oxidation) at a minimum one should have the fewest strands possible. Therefore I suggest 12/2 romex as the be-all-end-all speaker cable, which, just for $hts and giggles, should be included in the double-blind study.

Scott

Scott

My HT