Originally Posted By: Prisoner655321

1. Is anyone using Marantz with their Axiom setup? How do you like it. I know some brands are supposed to be good with Axiom (HK/Denon) while others aren't so much(Sony/Yamaha). But I haven't seen any mention of marantz in these forums.

You're close here, any receiver should be fine with the Axioms, unless you plan to run M80's. As the M80's are a 4ohm load you need to have a receiver that can handle it. This is where H/K & Denon are the most reliable along their entire line. You will be able to find other brands that can power the 80's but it may only be some of their models.

I know that my Yamaha is excellent with my Axioms and if I choose to go to 80's it will be able to power them with no issue as per reviews/tests.

Good luck in your search and as a previous H/K owner I can attest to the wattage/power issue you mentioned in another post. Certain brands like H/K have lower wattage ratings, ie 55 watts/channel, and can really hold their own with other 100 watt/channel rivals in their class.

High Gloss Cherry
M60 VP150 QS8
Open for Auditions but please don't drool on the High Gloss