My receiver is 130W with 250W of headroom, BTW!

I listen normally (when neighboors are not there) so that sustained fortissimo peeks are (it varies with recordings) between 96-102db, measured (-8db on receiver and with system configured so that 0db is Dolby cinema reference), with pianissimo at 55db and below, and "regular forte" (most frequent volume) at about 80-85db. I also borrowed from my neighboor a professional SPL meter (he used to work in recording studios and could borrow one for me) that is better for peaks. So, for sustained 100db, I was measuring frequent peaks of 110db. I also regularly (more for fun) put it at 0db and all my measures are moving by 8db (meaning that the amp has not hit any walls). But it gets a tiny bit LOUD (but not distortion-induced loudness, of course).

So, altough I want to go at some point (maybe soon with the pre-order rebate coming from my purchase of recently issued product line that would knock a goof 500$ off A1400-8), I am not currently in a bad shape, for from it. That was my two-year planned (before the A1400 existed)... that might be accelerated...

Hint to Axiom: Since that amp is very efficient (90%), they should call it a "green amp" and win over all ecologically conscious person out there!

Last edited by EFalardeau; 11/15/07 01:02 PM. Reason: added LOUD comment

See Mojo's signature