The panels are just 2x4's frames with insulation in them, I got the material from Fabric Land. The 9 foot ceilings are great for adding risers for the back row, however they it becomes a challenge as it makes the room too live. The panels have helped. It's pretty good for 2 channel listening, the M80's really sound nice and open in there with great bass. It is still a touch too alive for movies, but I am working on it. Although usually when I watch movies there are a buch of people in with me, and that sure helps. Trying to balance an HT room and music room is a fun challenge.

The reels are from my brother-in-law, he is a projectionest and picked them up when they started closing the downtown theaters here in London. I agree, they add a nice cosmetic touch.

At first I hadn't planned on doing any dec. moldings, chair rail, etc. because I was only going to use it for movies, and you ususally watch them in the dark, but the M80's sound so good in just 2 channel stereo, I find myself just going in to listen to music. So in the new year I would like to tastefully "jazz" it up a bit.

If anyone is ever in the London, Ontario area, let me know, you can come over and have a listen / look. The Axiom's just rock in that room!!!

Paul

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990