When the neighbors kids come over to play and I am watching an action movie, they think a thunder storm is coming. My wife keeps telling me she needs to glue all her Royal Daltons to the shelves in our china cabinet. Talk about Shake The Foundation (AC/DC 1986).

Seriously, I have owned and tried a few subs in my life, Mirrage, Velodyne, and even an EP175. I really liked the EP175 and seriously considered getting 2 of them. It had really tight bass and was excellent for music. However, for movies I was pushing it way too hard to get the sound I needed for big dinosaurs walking the earth. So I upgraded within the 30 days to the EP500. One of the things I love about this sub is the DSP chip. I never have to worry about damaging it, ever. And to me that is worth a few bucks. It has awesome depth and does play musically, however with the M80’s I don’t normally use the sub for music. My friend was over last week and he asked me if I had butt shakers in the chairs. That made me feel good, because I don’t, and that’s saying a lot for a single sub in a 4000 cubic foot room. Not a cheap sub but, but I can honestly say that I have not issues with taking it to any High End store in Toronto area and putting it up against any sub they sell. Its’ that good!

What I / we really need is for Axiom to develop an IR units that plugs into the USB port so I can adjust the volume by remote control.

Paul

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990