Sorry for being confusing I’m trying to do to many things at the same time. I thought from your first post you were planning a 6.1 or 7.1 setup right now using your old speakers as the back surrounds. I tried the same thing and found that it only sounded better when using movies/music actually recorded in 6.1 or 7.1. I found that movies/music recorded in 5.1 or 5.1 Matrixed formats sounded better using only my two QS8s placed slightly farther back than conventional side surround placement dictates.

With 5.1 or 5.1 Matrixed to 6 channels I don’t hear the same depth in the rear soundstage with the QS8s at the sides even with an additional sixth speaker in the back as I got with the QS8s alone but place slightly farther back than conventional side surround placement.

On the other hand when playing a 6.1 source like X Men The Last Stand having the sixth rear speaker did make the rear soundstage sound deeper and more distinct from the sides.

In a nutshell most of what is available on Standard Definition (5.1 or 5.1 Matrix) sounds better to me using just two QS8s placed about half way between where side surrounds and back surrounds would go in a 7.1 setup. Only the discrete 6.1 sources sounded better to me when using a sixth rear speaker and placing the QS8s at the sides.

I should qualify everything by saying that this is how it sounded to me using my system in my room which from the look your pictures is not as deep as your room. So your experience with 6 or 7 speakers may be very different from mine but the QS8s are truly amazing speakers which sound better in a 5.1 format than my two friends 7.1 systems sound.

I think B would sound much better.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1