I have a 3-year old son, very active, into everything. He's always spent more time tormenting my electronic equipment than my speakers, which he's had mild amusement from. Mind you, we just moved from a NYC apartment to a house in the 'burbs, so his environment has changed. Plus, I just changed out my M22s on stands to M60s.

He made a habit of using the port on my SVS sub as storage for his cars and trucks. I've pulled about 40 of them out over the years. That seems to have stopped due to the position of the SVS in the house.

The other day, he pressed in one of the drivers on one of my M60s (through the grill). I got that back to normal using a vacuum cleaner. He never caused any damage to the M22s, but he would press on the grill occasionally.

He's broken the tray on my CD player several times, but it has been fixable each time.

Shall I continue... \:\) But seriously, I love him too much to ever get too angry, but he knows that he's not supposed to touch the speakers or electronic equipment.

As to the M60s, when I first got them, I installed the spikes as our family room has carpeting. But I found them way too unstable with kids around, so I put on the rubber feet. Still not as solid or stable as I would like, but better than the spikes. I don't have 100% confidence about the stability of the M60s, but I do not think they are an accident waiting to happen. A little more heft or stability would have been great though.