Aha, the truth comes out, this system will see some music. All the advice to get the best main speakers you can is the way to go. If you can make it to Axiom to hear what they have and meet everyone there, (I am very jealous that you live that close and evenmore so having missed the GTG here last night), that will most certainly be the best way to find the right speaker for your preference of sound. 5hrs away from Axiom, there must be someone closer to you that would give you an audition, so you don't have to wait till spring

I still think the EP400 would be a killer for an apartment as it just doesn't hammer as hard to send the LFE through the walls. It just fills in the lower end oh so nicely, but does an admirable job when demanded of it for HT. Floorstanders take up quite a bit of room and in an apartment room is usually something there isn't much of, but if you have the room M50s might the way to go as you listen to MP3s more. Murph hit the nail on the head as I also find MP3s to sound terrrible on my Axioms(M80s and M22s), so change my original choices to M3s VP100(or M3) and QS4(or 2 more M3s) with the EP400, all for space saving and MP3 playback.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70