OK OK, I'm up already... (wheres that baggy eyed stubble faced smiley when you need it?)

Musicians must have a better audio memory because I still remember some of the wow moments those Advents gave me. One was a violin piece by Stomu Yamashta called rain (or something like that). My brother picked up this album shortly after I bought the system and when this track came on ... wow, so crisp and clear. It was like the violinist was right there. Same thing happened with one of the piano parts the first time I listened to Fragile. Those memories are etched in my mind forever.

Spoiler, glad you said orange tweeters, 'cause my advents didn't have them. I googled advent and 70s to jog my memeory. I had the small advents. That leaves me hopefull that even the M50 would also be a step up.

Anyway, what I loved about these speakers is their ability to accurately reproduce the sound of acoustic instruments; crisp, clear, precise. I thought the small advents lacked a little in the midrange and the base didn't have quite the same precission/crispness of the upper end. I remember longing for a midrange tone control I could turn up. In those days, equalizers were beyond my means.

Tom, I didn't want to impose on anyone for an audition just yet. The plan for Sunday was to listen to bookshelves vs floor standing speakers and something Axiom like vs other sounds to see what I like or can live with.

If it truely is something like the M60 that I would be happiest with, I'm looking at a year before I can buy... unless, of course, someone here gets upgrade-itis and wants to sell me their M60s for cheap ;\) .

Out of curiosity, what sort of reciever would you guys match up with the M60 to properly drive them? I want to get some idea of what I need to spend on this side as well.

Tomorrow is gonna be fun!

Fred

Last edited by fredk; 12/08/07 07:03 PM.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!