Originally Posted By: vassillios
Then you probably shouldn't read this:

The creaking of the wooden ships was very realistic. This wasn't even DD True HD, just uncompressed 5.1 PCM. The sound stage was amazing. All levels were pretty much spot on and everything was very smooth, no abrasive highs or muddy lows.

Oh...and the picture was AMAZING!! Some film grain was left in, making it very film like. There was one point in the beginning, (where some of the pirates were under the floor boards waiting for their cue to shove swords up through the floor) where the detail of the floor boards was stunning!

If you're like me where you have a receiver that does not decode DD True HD and the such, do not worry. Just get a player that decodes the audio internally and passes it as PCM over HDMI. I was sick with the thought that I bought this receiver earlier this year and it was already obsolete...but relieved when I discovered I could use PCM over HDMI.

So are you saying that 5.1 PCM is the same quality as DD True HD? The only difference is that you can only get 5.1 instead of 7.1?