I think this is a very significant number 600,000 SD players in one day. In my house I have 4 DVD players including the one in my computer (which is used much more for burning than watching movies). My best DVD player is in my dedicated HT room. The other two are cheapies bought at Wall Mart. I also have 2 small kids that love to watch Cars and other movies over and over again. I am not wasting projector bulb life on this, so either I get 2 HD DVD players or 2 version of the movie, I don't like either option!

Here is the problem; I have discs for my Xbox, I have SD DVD’s , I have CD’s, I have DVD audio and SACD’s, I have Karaoke CD”s and interactive CD Roms for my computer. All could have the label “Cars” on it. All the discs are the same size, with very similar looking labels, I am a tech head and even I get confused as to which disc I need for the application I am using, not to mention my wife or mother-in-law (I have had more than one call from my wife saying the kids want watch CARS, which disk do I put in?). There is no way I want to introduce a new format (yet alone 2 (HD DVD and Blu Ray)) into my household right now. This is just NUTS!!!!

Up scaling DVD is the way to go, and until you can buy an HD unit (and I don’t care what format) for under $50, it will be a format for Videofiles and not the masses.

Paul

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990