From the article in question: "3. If you already own an HD set that is several years old, it will likely be a 720p model (rarely 1080i unless it's a CRT HD set), so there is no point in getting video sources that deliver a 1080p image because your video device can't display the extra pixels, unless of course you decide to replace your 720p or 1080i HDTV with a 1080p HDTV."

At the risk of rising to the bait, he doesn't even have the integrity to say exactly what he believes is incorrect, let alone back it up with any evidence.

Regardless, whether his criticism is accurate or not, a post like that is hardly an endearing way to introduce oneself to any forum. I'm always amazed by people who blow into a forum, fail to make the effort or take the time to observe and learn the dynamic in play, whip out their pistol and take a potshot in their very first post. Perfect example of how not to win friends and influence people.

Of course, if the goal is merely to insult and anger, that is the perfect formula, and iykht will likely ride off into the sunset patting himself on the back and saying "oh what a good boy am I. Everybody must think I'm so cool ."

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton