EFalardeau,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Everyone at Axiom has put a huge effort into making this product a reality and it is so nice when you find out that all that effort has delivered the desired result. The entire strategy was to try and bring real HiFi to computer and iPod users. As such we wanted the same technology that is in the larger speakers to be in the MZeros. Miniaturizing the tweeter was the first step and we managed to get that to work using Neodymium magnets but with the same dome and suspension. I am pretty sure Debbie does not want to build another 3” woofer sample for awhile but we did eventually get the desired performance from that little woofer. I really wanted not just the linearity but usable bass down to 100 Hz so a sub was not completely necessary, though it is a great addition, and also so the sub would not be required to play mid-bass frequencies which should not really be coming from under your desk. The x-overs for the MZeros are currently in the amp module though we have plans to bring out a “hang on the wall” version of the MZeros that will have the x-over in the speaker. It is also our plan to bring out a number of other products in this family. Obviously a 5.1 version of this system is a must but we are also looking at an optional amp with over double the power and a stand alone version of the amp itself. A carrying case is being worked on right now so the Audiobyte system can be made portable for presentations and such. I am thinking it will need to be able to safely deliver your system to the destination if you just checked it as luggage on the plane. We tried to keep the weight of the whole system under control but it was not something we were willing to sacrifice any sound quality for. The toroidial transformer makes the amp a bit on the heavy side but it is not too bad. The reality is though that in order to get linearity in a small package you will end up sacrificing SPL so the amp needs good power and the speakers need to be able to take it.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer