Originally Posted By: sirquack
I auditioned years ago some Klipsch RF3-II's before I had started looking at Axiom. The horn sound takes some getting used to, but me being from the 80's and liking metal, did enjoy the Klipsch sound.

However, I would say even the Axiom m60's are much better than the RF3II's were, and the 80's no question will be light years ahead. Be prepared to smile from ear to ear. \:\)

I'm just confirming what Randy said because I also auditioned the RF3's before I ended up with the Axiom M60's. At first, I loved the forward presentation. I liked how guitar and vocals stood out...it sounded like being at a concert. However, because some sounds were so forward, tiny details were drowned out. I went and auditioned some B&W's right afterwards and could hear much more detail. With all that being said, I DID, however, enjoy the Klipsch sound in a theater setting...just not for music.

You will find Axiom speakers have a forward presentation as well. They have a sound like the musicians are in the room with you rather than everything sounding like a blaring rock concert. I have no doubt that you will enjoy them! Congratulations!

Last edited by sonicfox; 01/05/08 03:59 PM.

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD