A couple years ago I ordered a motherboard that was to be delivered by DHL, 2nd day service. 3 weeks later the lost package claim was processed and another motherboard was sent via FedEx.

Last year, I ordered a 24" LCD for my PC, DHL, 2nd day service, shipped from Austin Tx to Dallas Tx, it showed up a full week late, and I had to go pick it up from DHL. 9 business days for a package to make a 3.5 hour drive up I35.

12/29/07, Axiom shipped my Epic 60-600 system.
1/3/08, I called DHL, they claimed the package had never been picked up.
1/4/04, the DHL web site said it was delivered to the wrong location. I called them, they said they didn't know where it was. They scanned it, they knew it was at "the wrong location" but they had no clue where it was.
1/5/08, the tracking page said it was in Dallas. I called, they confirmed it was in Dallas, so I went to pick it up. They had 1 of my M60s, thats it. According to the DHL supervisor at the Dallas facility, the speaker was sent ground to Waco, although it was marked for air to Dallas.
1/6/08, DHL doesn't know where the other 5 boxes are at, or when they'll be delivered.

I've been in contact with the folks at Axiom. They have been very helpful, working past their normal quitting time, and even helping check the status of the delivery on Saturday when they weren't working. DHL could learn a thing or two about customer service from Axiom.

I really just can't understand how a delivery company can stay in business when they don't even know the location of their packages. Once in a while, sure, I can see them having some glitches, but 3 out of 3 times I've used them they've not been able to do their job.

Sorry, had to vent \:\)

On the bright side, only having 1 M60, I was able to do a side by side comparison with my old speakers, something I probably wouldn't have done if I'd received everything. My old speakers are...old, (1) tweeter (1) 5" midrange (1) 12" woofer. After listening to the radio with both speakers plugged in, I droped in a bass demo CD. I unplugged the old speaker and started the CD to hear what the M60 could do. My first thought was "oh well, I got a sub for bass." The bass sounded...bad, extreme distortion. So I unplugged the M60 and listened to my old speaker, no distortion, but far less sound. After some more testing, I realized it wasn't distortion I was hearing, the bass from the M60 was rattling the hell out of something inside my TV, it was vibrating in such a way that the TV was producing bass sounds. I'm sure I'm not explaining it very well. But the bottom line is the dual 6.5" in the M60 blew me (and my TV) away. The high/midrange is an equally impressive upgrade from my old speakers, but I never thought the M60s would have better bass than my old 12".

If you hear about someone going postal at DHL, that'll be me. I was really excited to get the new system...even more so after hearing what a single M60 could do.

Last edited by JasonC; 01/07/08 04:07 AM.