Originally Posted By: JasonC

On the bright side, only having 1 M60, I was able to do a side by side comparison with my old speakers, something I probably wouldn't have done if I'd received everything. My old speakers are...old, (1) tweeter (1) 5" midrange (1) 12" woofer. After listening to the radio with both speakers plugged in, I droped in a bass demo CD. I unplugged the old speaker and started the CD to hear what the M60 could do. My first thought was "oh well, I got a sub for bass." The bass sounded...bad, extreme distortion. So I unplugged the M60 and listened to my old speaker, no distortion, but far less sound. After some more testing, I realized it wasn't distortion I was hearing, the bass from the M60 was rattling the hell out of something inside my TV, it was vibrating in such a way that the TV was producing bass sounds. I'm sure I'm not explaining it very well. But the bottom line is the dual 6.5" in the M60 blew me (and my TV) away. The high/midrange is an equally impressive upgrade from my old speakers, but I never thought the M60s would have better bass than my old 12".

I would bet the biggest difference is the M60 plays lower than your old speakers which is why it rattles more things in your house. Now just wait till you get the Sub set up

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70