Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading my Matte White projection screen because although I am satisfied with the output, I think I will get better results with a grey screen. Since my Mitsubishi X500U projector is extremely bright (3300-3600 lumens), I usually have to turn down the brightness to -20 (out of max. 30) and bump up the contrast to +12 or more (out of max. 30) often.

Also I have one of the sidewalls adjacent to my screen full of mirrors so when watching a movie, a lot of the projected light on the screen gets reflected off the mirrors making the HT area pretty bright.

I read up at the AVS Forum but couldn't find any thread that dealt with my problem. Basically I want to get a lower gain (and higher contrast) grey screen - something that will not reflect back so much light.

At AVS forum I found some people who dont recommend Dalite Model B in HCMW because of wrinkes. My choice has narrowed down to Draper Luma 2 High Contrast Grey and Dalite Model C High Contrast Matte White.

I am looking at the HDTV 45" X 80" widescreen option as well as the 84" X 84" model.

Requesting actual users of Dalite Model C in HCMW and Draper Luma 2 High Contrast Grey to please post their comments on the quality of these screens as compared to Matte White.

If anybody is using a 2500+ lumens projector, could you please let me know which screens did you try and settle on ? I looked at the Greyhawk as well, but it seems quite expensive as compared with Draper HC Grey and Dalite HCMW models.

Thank you for your help.