Just finished mounting my M2i's in the rear. What a pain in the *&^%$@!.

First let me say the FMB is a nice little mounting bracket. My problems stemmed from my total lack of experience in "home improvement".

1) No matter what ANYBODY tells you - the FMB must be mounted directly to a wall stud. Wall anchors and wood screws are not going to work. Screw them directly into the wall stud, or you'll be the one screwed.

2) Though it was easy enough to screw the FMB on to the back of the speaker, pre-threaded mounting points on the speaker would have been much nicer. I noticed that the QS8's had this, which seems odd, as they are probably the only Axiom speaker which doesn't need one. Their handy T-bracket and clips worked really, really well. (MUCH easier than the damn FMB's!)

3) Finding a stud in the wall sucked. I now have 9 holes in my wall. (plus the two original holes from where the FMB tore out when I tried mounting without using a stud) The "pound and pray" method did not work. There seemed to be an area on my wall where it sounded like a stud, but it must have been something else behind there, because the screw would get through the drywall, and then hit something rock-like. No ammount of effort would get that screw to go in. Grrr...

I now have my two M2i's mounted, but not exactly where I wanted them (there were no studs where I wanted them) AND they're at slightly different levels. One is about 4 inches higher than the other. Like I said, there was something behind that G'damn wall that no screw would go through. There's has got to be a better way to mount speakers to a wall.

I think I'm going to leave home improvement projects to Bob Villa from now on.