"THE UGLY KITCHEN"- A photo essay by Terzaghi

Lots of pics here so dial up users beware

OK, so I caught some flac from several of you guys when I posted my axiom setup pics. Many people did not like my floral wallpaper which was a lovely shade of puke green. I thought It would be good to post pics of my weekend project so everyone can get the visions of that horrible paper out of their heads.

Anyway, My girlfriend and I had been living with this wallpaper since August and this weekend I decided "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". (And my land lord finally decided to pay me for the work).

Here is the picture of how my kitchen used to look:

We have been saying all along that this wallpaper must have been put up when the house was built because it is the ugliest wallpaper we have ever seen... Well I was wrong. Look at what was underneath the green stuff:

I was surprised at how easy the green stuff came off, but I knew this uglier layer was going to be hard to remove. Apparently the previous owners of this house were blind and wanted to torture everyone with vision. Not only was it ugly, but it appeared to be applied with some industrial strength adhesive that would NOT come off. The pics show that I was indeed correct:

So I realized the next best thing to do was prime the wallpaper with oil-base and mud the seams:

And by 10:30pm the next day we have a new kitchen!:

We are going to get some new curtains (The old ones were nice and green as well) and a new kitchen table on Thursday.

Next on the list will be to replace the light fixture and the tile.

-David