I finally decided on a set and purchased one. I was able to wiggle into the Pioneer pdp-5810hd. Axxisaudio quoted me a price of $2199 delivered with tax. Vans' and One Stop had similar prices. I was kind of hesitant of buying from these companies that I have never really heard of so I went to Best Buy to see if they could beat the prices. I was able to get them to come down to $2100 delivered and Best Buy has 36 months no interest. This 36 months was what sealed the deal since I am a little bit over budget with this even at $2100. The only downside is that I have to wait to get the set until Feb 15! This is going to be a long two weeks. I decided not to go with the extended warrany since it was suggested that it is not worth the money with the newer plasma's. But, I am upgrading to a better surge protector.

I am glad that I went with the Pioneer. If I would have went with the Panasonic I would have always wished that I went with the Pioneer even though they are quite close performance-wise. Thanks to everyone for your help. Also, thanks to jfdawson for getting me to try one last time to see if I could squeeze the Pioneer into my budget.

- Nick