Hey guys,

Haven't been on here in a while. I'm currently finishing the basement where my main HT will reside. However, it won't be ready until next fall (likely). When it's done, I plan on moving my M60s (unless I go 80s) & QS8s down from the family room and am leaning towards Outlaw pre with 5 or 7 M200 amps.

Now my current needs... my current receiver (HK AVR30) will be on stereo duty in the gym so I need something for the main floor family room. It will be driving the M60s and QS8s which might eventually be replaced by M22/QS4 setup.

OK, here's the question... what is the difference between the Onkyo 605 and 705... besides the 10wpc? I'm looking for something rather cheap, that will still be able to pump out decent volume (family room is over 4,000 cubic/ft - plus open area at the end). However, I'm more worried about new technology (DTS, Dolby Digital, etc) which my old HK lacks. In the future, action movies and heavier stuff will be watched in basement. This will be mostly for TV, and a few softer movies.

I'm ready to buy the 705, but could put the $200 difference in the kids college fund if the 605 will do the job.

Thanks,
R