I have finally finished my basement remodel project with the home theater setup. I have been planning and designing this project for years, off and on. I spent a considerable amount of time planning the location and layout of the pool table so that I would have no obstructed shots. I eventually opened up a bearing wall (with engineer approval!) so that I could utilize the area adjacent to the pool table for a built-in pub table sitting area. That table area is blocked from view to the main TV, so I installed a 20" LCD over the pub table. I have the 50" plasma connected to the DirectTV receiver by HDMI, and component to the LCD, such that both TV's simultaneously display the same broadcast. This works out well as I can see both TV's from the pool table.

Anyway, thanks to all here who have provided immeasurable help in answering my questions and the questions of others. Also thanks to Axiom for the many helpful articles. I started out as a complete novice and could not have done this on my own.

Here are some pictures of the (almost) finished project. I still need to finish the base of the built-in pub table, but I am still trying to figure out what I want to do there.

M60's Rotel Nad Music Hall MMF-5
M80's VP150 QS8's Sherwood Newcastle Panasonic Plasma
Algonquins