Good Day, my geek posse!

Some of you may remember that I have a JVC 1080p HD-ILA TV. I dig it.

I have a quasi-HTPC in that room. Without going completely off-track, I mostly use it for streaming FLAC files. No DVR functions because I have the DirecTV HD-DVR.

I still have a crappy old 15" LCD attached to the PC also, because it is often more convenient to simply use that rather than use the TV.

I am using a Gigbyte GV-NX66128DP video card, which feeds the monitor via VGA and the TV via DVI-to-HDMI.

I'm having trouble launching some games, I think because of the NVidia Dual View configuration (I can't clone the monitors because they are different resolutions).

I thought about getting a widescreen monitor to match the TV resolution, but that seems like a pretty pricey solution. I've tried to work through the issues with the NVidia software, but it irritates me and I can't make it work.

What if I just got another cheap video card for the monitor? I've never run two video cards before. Should I look for a better/different dual-head card or something?

It's not a robust machine (AMD Athlon 64 3000+, Socket 939, 1.5GB RAM) and I'm not a hard core gamer. I just want to be able to play some PC games on the TV (Madden, etc.) I only have the one PCI-E slot.

Whaddyathink?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem