went to another tweeter yesterday and asked what they had in trade up models of dvd & cd players. the wife just wanted a 5 disc changer, enought said? so after looking at the trades, settled on a new yammi cdc685 changer. then since she got a new cd player, i thought it was only fair that i got a new cd player. i chose a mits dd8040; is progressive and dvd-a. both for about 5 bills. then came the cables. since the mits has 6 channel out, three pair of monsters were suggested. i played dumb, which wasn't hard, and asked why they were so $$$. he explained that the copper strands were twisted in a special way, and the cables were directional. holy smokes i replied, i hope i ran my speaker wires correctly and not backwards. he smiled.
1st impression of the dvd player when switched to progressive mode, playing lotr on our plasma was my wife saying that it really looks like the movies now! now the cd player and avr, both yammies, i thought the remote issue was a non-issue. wrong. i could get the cd player programmed into the avr remote, and function until i left the set up mode, and the avr remote would not learn the cd remotes commands, nor will either remote power up the cd player. oh well, we both almost got what we wanted. then my sister in-law popped in, and i promptly sold my old dvd player for $50.00, which can be put towards the new cables.
any tips on the programming of the cd remote on the rxv1300?
thanks
dan