Well, most of the time I have other considerations, so it isn;t that loud. But at times I do tend to listen loud. Yesterday for instance. Finished work up early, and wanted to investigate why the SPL when using my SB3 (connected Coax) was a lower than other sources. Found that the server SW was attenuating the digital signal. I nulled that process, and tested.

Notable difference. Basically I took my AVR to 0db (reference) on some rock music (safer here as there tends to be a whole lot more dynamics compression, so no major peaks to worry about driving clipping as say compared to classical). What I got was the figures I posted. The db was measured at 1 meter on a RS analog meter on C Slow. My listening position was 5-6 ft. Oddly, I did not find this painful at all, but rather enjoyable - thus the post.

No audible clipping, though both tweeters do have some raspiness from some abuse from the previous lower power AVR clipping (My daughter got carried away during a party). FYI- Current AVR was playing in a 2.1 (crossed to the sub at 50Hz)with 140 WPC for the mains.

And those tweeters are why I am here on this nice board, waiting for the T Series \:\) And maybe some extra funds for an amp as well.

Last edited by mapatton; 02/07/08 06:12 PM.

Mark
Pio 94,SB3,BD30,A35,Pio 48AV.Pronto 7000 controlling all. Getting ready for 22s, 150 & QS8s.