..concerning long time forum member FordPrefect (Wayne). Wayne lost his dear Mother on December 16th. Needless to say it was a somber Christmas for Wayne and his wife Mary, who had been helping care for their Mother.

In January, Mary started not feeling well. Most of her life she has been struggling with a weakened immune system caused by a childhood accident and, by mid January, Wayne was concerned enough to call an ambulance. She was admitted to the ICU, and was diagnosed with a form of pneumonia the doctor referred to as “yeast” pneumonia (possibly Pneumocystis pneumonia).

Sadly her condition has worsened. She has slipped into a coma and her kidneys are failing. Wayne fears the worse, and has proceeded with final arrangements.

As you might imagine, Wayne is carrying a heavy load. I spoke to him on the phone earlier this evening, and he is doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances. Frankly, he is a much stronger than I.

Though he doesn’t post all that often, Wayne is a frequent visitor to the Axiom forum, and has been for more than 5 years. He told me that reading here, and at another forum he frequents, is a welcome break from the stress he’s dealing with. So, I just want him to know that I’m thinking of him, and sending the best thoughts I can his way.

Take care of yourself my friend.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton