Hi all,

I'm putting a 92" fixed screen in on a wall that is a pretty tight fit. Because the ceiling is sloped on this end of the room, the lower edge of the image will be ~20" off the ground. Adding in the frame of the screen, the actual lowest edge of the screen will be at 18".

Here's what it looks like:

I realize this is low for the screen and center, especially for second row viewing/listening, but other mounting options are (or at least seem) limited with the sloped ceiling. The two options I can see are:
  • Get a ~10" stand for the speaker to sit relatively flush with the bottom of the screen. (VPS 150 adds 7.5" according to documentation from Axiom)
  • Find some way to mount it to the sloped ceiling above the screen and tilt it downward. (it would sit at roughly 6')

I'm leaning towards a short stand because option 2 just seems too high (and possibly difficult to mount with the slope factor). I'd be curious to hear everyone else's thoughts on the lesser of two evils from your own experience.

Ideas on minimizing the limitations of either mounting position are appreciated... maybe I do a slight upward tilt of the center if mounted below the screen?

Thanks.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry