Well I finally broke out the old Denon to give it a test drive. I really didn't know if the cartridge that is in it now was any good or not but I set it up anyway just to see what was what. When I got the TT I was told that the cartridge that was on it was going to be replaced by the original owner so my friend wasn't sure if it was operable or not, well it seems to be just fine.

The wife and I sat here and went through my entire LP collection this evening. That consists of Chicago's self titled 2 record set and Montrose Jump on It . It was quite an enjoyable experience I must say. The wife even commented on how good it was sounding \:o . I do think the cartridge will be getting replaced and I will be in the market for a decent phono preamp as I just ordered a tube based preamp and it does not come with a phono stage like the Rotel pre. All in all I think trying out the table was real fun and I will find it a permanent spot in the rack once I get some new audio video furniture.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud