Dance!! Now I gotta watch my receiver dance?? I hate dancing.

Quote:
"Who the heck is she?" Someone who listens to music for a living.

Now you have me intregued. Not a lot of occupations require you to listen to music.

Just to make it clear, I do appreciate you giving me your opinion, just stating which camp I rest in.

I hear you on the quality of components, and that is one of the things I wonder about the different Yamaha lines. Its hard to evaluate whats under the hood without specific electronics knowledge. Thats where a good review is useful. For instance, I have read a couple of Yamaha reviews now where the reviewer took the time to look under the hood and note that used bigger caps than required etc.

One component that will make a difference and should be easier to figure out is the DAC. I don't know how many manufacturers list the dacs in their different receivers.

I also agree about the level of complication of some/many of the newer receivers. Way too many connectors to plug stuff into.

I spent a lot of time looking at how to minimize the number of devices and connections needed to read/play/display all the various discs I have.

Anyway, looking around, now that I have some idea of what I need, I think I can pick up a good not-so-old receiver at a very reasonable price. Some of the less feature laden Yamahas are also very reasonably priced for what they offer.

Last edited by fredk; 02/19/08 05:12 AM.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!