This is more about Emotiva itself than about their amplifiers.
I bought an Emotiva RPA-1 a few months ago and their customer service was simply awful. The dim button on the unit did not work and after contacting them a few times, they finally answered me and transfered my case to their tech support. They never returned any of my emails or calls for close to 3 weeks and when they finally did, they basically told me they didn't know what to tell me. They said it would be too expensive for them to ship me another unit and they weren't sure if they had another unit in stock. I figured it would be a nightmare if I ever needed to have the unit repaired or replaced so I simply packed the amp and shipped it back to them. Once they received the amp they ignored my emails for a while, they they told me they were waiting to see if they were gonna be charged duty fees on the shipment before issuing a refund. Took a month an a few angry emails for them to finally issue a refund. In the end, they told me I had no right to be angry with them because the unit wasn't even broken afterall! Like I would have gone to all this trouble to return an amplifier that wasn't broken when the company offers a 30 day in-home trial.

Last edited by alakazoo; 02/22/08 01:00 AM.