Originally Posted By: Ray3
The issue about the remote has some solutions, so that's not much of a problem.

I forgot to mention that the 40 GB (or 80GB)HD can be replaced with a much larger (up to 320 GB) HD.

The other thing that is interesting is that the 80 has essentially been taken off the market. The speculation is that it will be replaced with a 120 GB or 160 GB unit.

Unless it has some other tricks that can't be done with a firmware upgrade to the 40GB unit, the 40 looks like the one I will grab.

The only issue with the 40 gig version of the PS3 is the fact that it is not backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games. If this is not an issue, then the 40 gig will be fine. I still have a ton of games for the previous Playstation's so I will not get the 40 gig version. I'll wait for the new one to come out.

FYI: I believe at the time of it's launch, the PS3 was the only BD player on market that was capable of the HDMI 1.3 standard. Not that anyone was taking advantage of it yet, but it was nice to a company plan ahead.

I too would recommend a player that can upgrade on the fly through a network.

Question: I also thought that the IR adapter for the PS3 could turn the unit off. Turning it on was the only thing that had to be done manually for the simple fact the USB port the adapter was plugged into did not have power when the unit was off, hence you couldn't turn it on. Since the adapter has power with the unit on, I thought you could still turn it off with a universal remote?

Shag