PatGuy--Thanks for the advice on Blu-Tak, but have you tried to remove your speakers from the stands and determined that there are no damages after bonding with Blu-Tak. The reason I asked is that recently I encountered someone on Audiogon who had Blu-Tak his Paradigm S2 to a stand and when it’s time to take it off the nice wood veneer chipped from the bottom of the speakers because of the Blu-Tak. His speakers had to be sold at a lesser price. I do not want to go with that route after hearing about what the Blu-Tak could do. I would rather drill the hole myself and put screw thread hole in so that I can lock it to the plate.
Normally, I would do this instead of wasting my time on a forum asking this question, but I am immobile right now because I’ve lost my toe nail due to home improvement accident. Yeah, I just got my nail done by my podiatry last Friday. Let me tell ya, the podiatry office is not a place anyone looks forward in getting their nail done. This is probably why I’m actually frustrated with the mounting ordeal.

JohnK-- I understand that there are many sizes, types, and brands of stands, but what I don’t understand is that why most of these stand mount plates have many pre-drilled holes on them to accommodate many mounting scenarios? Are these stands manufacturer delusional that they are making holes on the speaker mount plates when so many speakers’ manufacturers do not pre-drill hole(s) on the bottom of their bookshelf speakers to accommodate it?
BTW- I don’t run into many speakers, but 8 years ago I have owned a set of Sony’s satellite speakers HT in a box and those pieces of junk speakers had nice gold threaded hole on the bottom to mount into stands. Go figure!