All politics aside, everything I have read tells me that bio-fuels are costing us as much energy and create as much carbon emissions during thier creation as they save during their usage. We have started seeing flour shortages here in Eastern Canada already which, I am sure, are at least 'partly' to blame on the farmers switching to bio-fuel crops.

That being said, we definitely, absolutely need to experiment with alternative fuels. So if it leads to a truly renewable and eco-friendly fuel source in the future then perhaps it is a worthy experiment.

I see a couple of experimental Hydrogen fueled buses in the city where I work as of late, as well. Ford is experimenting with hydrogen fuel in climates with greater temperature variances, Alternating hot to very cold seasons.

I am a bit more exited about these but know that realistically, production of Hydrogen is still not giving us a perfect score on the eco side. However, if it proves to be solid enough that ways are found to produce it cleanly in massive, mass production, then again, probably a worthy experiment. At least this one is not effecting our food supply.

We also have some government sponsored wind farms here that are proving interesting. Expensive to start up but soon we will just have to face that we need to spend some money on alternative energy, weather it's rate of return makes financial sense or not.

I hope these comments are broad enough to not spark too much controversy. I think these are actually very important discussions and a little heat might be better than avoiding them. Of course, I haven't searched for whatever happened last time, heh heh.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.