I finished my basement just before Xmas and shortly thereafter ordered some Axioms. I built the TV console and just finished it when the speakers arrived. Before anyone gets too excited about my placement of the centre channel inside a cabinet, I initially had some concerns about that too. So, I built the console to be re-configurable, where the drawers could be widened and the receiver could go in the top shelf space. Then the CC could be placed in front of the TV or above it with a wall-bracket.
Having since done a lot of testing with the centre channel placed in its current location as well as on top of the cabinet, I can't say that I have been able to discern a difference. With the front edge of the speaker slightly proud of the cabinet, the voice track is crystal clear. I can't imagine a better soundstage than that produced from the M22s and VP150. I also have the EP350v3 off to the side. Having said that, if I do want to rearrange things I have the flexibility to do that. I just think this looks a lot neater without any tradeoff in sound quality. \:\) The Denon 2308 certainly helps out with developing a fantastic music or movie experience. Although I have the main room lights on in the photo, I've got separate pot lights and sconces on a dimmer switch so the lighting is very adjustable.