So I'm about to make the leap and get a set of axioms. I'm not new to audio, but never really spent much on anything for my home, so I just started researching some products. There are just too many people in love with axioms for them to not be good speakers. (the return policy helps too...)

Anyhow, I'm looking to start with a pair of m3's. My wife is unlikely to let me put towers in the living room anytime soon, and I don't have much to spend, so they seem like the obvious choice. I'm also shopping for a sub, however, and I don't have a way to demo most of the candidates at all, much less with a pair of m3's, so I was hoping I could get some feedback.

I'm considering HSU STF-2/VTF-1 because they get great reviews and they're in my price range. Can anybody comment about how they go with m3's? This is more for music than HT so I want fast, accurate bass more than deep for the most part. There are a couple of svs subs I could probably swing as well. I REALLY need it to not be huge, because of WAF. I'm planning on sticking it by an end table towards the corner where it won't be visible unless you go around behind the couch.

Anything I haven't thought of? I'm open to suggestions.

on a side note, if I'm sending everything below around 80hz to the sub, will the m3's get up pretty loud? I listen to mostly rock, and I like to play it loud sometimes. I've got plenty of amp for them, based on the listed requirements. Also, since I've never seen a direct comparo, how might you folks compare an m3 to a B&W DM601 S3? I demoed a pair and kinda liked them. Of course the m3's are nearly $150 cheaper...

Tim Evans
East Street Audio