I just posted this under the Stereo forum:

Well I just got back home and unloaded the 74lb SVS after a rather quick session at Mojo's, as always it was a pleasure to get together with him once again.

After some initial listening and finally equalizing sub output(dead battery in the SPL meter), we had to run the SVS at near max volume output in order to have the subs equalized in Mojo's large room. We put in the venerable depth charge scene from U-571, as we both know this scene very well by now. The SVS appeared to have more impact than the EP600 but the EP600 was able to fill the room with LFE easier than the little SVS. With each explosion there was a definite slam from the PB12 while the EP600 would hit, but not as pronounced as the SVS. I prefered the SVS in this instance.

We moved on to the Eagles DVD - Live from Melbourne, Disc 2 - Dirty Laundry. The thump from the SVS was very pronounced compared to the Axiom, Tex's wife said she preferred the smoother more subdued sound of the EP600 than the harder punchiness of the PB12-NSD. I liked the pounding of the sub during this song, but after awhile at the loud levels we were listening, I too think I would have preferred the Axiom over the SVS for a long listening session. I know in my own house I usually never play it that loud and do not find the sub to be that over the top with the low notes, so I am not sure what to make of the difference. I guess maybe I am not as much of a bass freak I think.

Well I am still deciding on whether or not to bring the big PB13 - Ultra in and have a listen or sit tight with the PB12 which I am very happy with.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70