Hi turbo and all,

Apologies for the screw-up, but it happens occasionally. I do not think DHL is any more subject to misdirected orders than FedEx or Purolator (we use Purolator in Canada). All of them occasionally make mistakes, and we use all of them on different routes, ground, air and internationally.

Given the thousands of orders we ship every month, an extremely high percentage reach the customers without incident or damage.

My most recent mishap with FedEx happened when I was doing a little press tour of New York editors for the Axiom Audiobytes. The sample Audiobytes arrived by FedEx just fine on next day shipping.

A separate package of a dozen press kits for the Audiobytes, prepared by Axiom's art director/site designer and sent at the same time, was misdirected by FedEx and went to California, taking several days to get back to New York.

I had appointments the next day, so I ended up printing out releases myself, so I wouldn't look totally foolish. That was FedEx. FedEx also dropped one of my early M80s on one end about five years ago, damaging the lower corner, and leaving the other M80 on the truck to ride around New York for a day.

Your speakers will arrive, as did my press kits. As everyone advised, please check the speakers carefully and report any damage immediately to Axiom.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)