Hi everyone.
Right now I've got a pair of M22's paired with a Merak MS-885 sub (also manufactured at Colquhoun Audio Laboratories.. its an older model, similar to the MS8 "100 Watt RMS Amplified 8” down firing subwoofer system"). I picked this sub up for $100 at radio shack one day cause my old Merak MB6 bookshelves were lacking in the bass area. Anyways.. since then I've upgraded to the M22s, but the sub is still here. It does give a punch to the music, and can actually shake my room fairly well given it's size and power, but alas, I think I need an upgrade.

I use my system 99.5% for music, and actually use it for my studio monitoring. So. I really do need quality bass in order to mix down and master my music properly, especially because the music i deal with is club style music that is bass heavy.

Since my home studio is actually in my bedroom, and with the whole setup here, the sub will be very close to my seating position. I mean, i currently use my Merak sub as a little table to put drinks on etc heh, it's within one foot of me.

Because of these rather unique situation I am wondering if the same general advice will apply (hsu or svs). I am really leaning towards an Axiom EP175 because I love the way it looks, and matching the boston cherry finish of my M22's would be very nice. Because Im sitting so close to it, and I wont be using it for movies, would this sub be good?

Thanks for any comments!