Originally Posted By: idboy

I tell you, though, I don't see any change at all with Aperion's new line of speakers. As a matter of fact, they're not a new line - the 633T and the 634-VAC just changed names. The towers went up by a whopping $200 per speaker, and the center by $100 per speaker. Everything, and I mean everything else is the same. The type (2-way for the tower), size of drivers, even the descriptions on the website are the same. There isn't even anything saying why the new 6T is better, or any other justification for the price hike. I mean I know inflation is an issue (don't even get my wife goin' on the price of eggs), but this was a 40% price increase. At least their new Bravus line of subwoofers has a larger amp, and seems to try to go head to head against the EP-500. I don't know, seems weird to me.

Hey idboy,

The new 6 series uses completely different drivers than the old one. The tweeter has been redesigned to handle more power so it won't distort at extrememly high volumes. The woofers are now a fiberglass weave as opposed to the old carbonfiber woofers and are more expensive for us to produce.

The speakers have also been revoiced for a more full and open sound, and before the final prototypes were approved we all had to agree that it was an improvement on the previous model.

Sure inflation played a role in the decision to raise our prices, since Aperion had not raised prices ever over the course of our eight year history. However, this new line is absolutely an improvement over the old speakers and we still feel that we offer a great value compared to other brands in our price bracket and even those that are still a bit more pricey.

While I haven't heard the 6 series since we voiced them a few months ago, the new 5 series speakers totally blow the old ones out of the water and when our inital shipment of 6 series product arrives I fully expect them to be a similar step up in sound quality.

Nice to see that folks are having friendly open minded discussions of Aperion product here, seems to be a very cool community. \:\)

Jason Hicks
Aperion Audio Home Theater Guru
http://www.aperionaudio.com