2X,

If money is no issue, separates are the way to go. The A1400-8 would definitely be on my short list. I love the specs of the new S/N 972 and its rumored pre/pro sibling. Unfortunately, it would appear that S/N can’t seam to get their sh** together and get the units out the factory door. Another very promising pre/pro is the Carry Cinema 11a and 11v combo. Again, they aren’t any more likely to get them out the door than S/N. That leaves Denon. Denon has a pre/pro and amp combo out that looks killer, but they are pretty darn proud of them. I think the pair runs about 12K. McIntosh also has some near gear out. Super expensive in the typical McIntosh fashion. I don’t know anyone who has their new gear, so I can’t comment on it. On paper however, it looks as if McIntosh learned from everyone else’s HDMI mistakes and has hit a home run. But….figure 20K. For BlueRay, I’d pick up the new Denon 3800. It has the Realta VP chip, decodes all the formats and will most likely reset the switch and establish a new benchmark for all SD /DVD’s to follow. My second choice would be the Panasonic BD50. M80’s in piano gloss rosewood would be my choice for speakers, if they are to be displayed in daylight. M80’s, two VP150’s, four QS8’s and two EP500, or two EP600’s. The decor of the room and the level of intrusiveness that the misses will allow will dictate if EP600’s can be used.