I have recently moved to a larger home with vaulted ceilings and a bigger living room (300 sq.ft.) My m2i's are finally in a good spot in terms of listening:

14 feet away with about 6.5 feet between them. They sit on a pair of SS24s (24" from hardwood floor), tweeters are almost exactly ear height.

The problem is the articulation at the high end. When I compare the high end articulation to my Sennheiser SD580 (headphones) there is no comparison. There is a muddiness and a real lack of precision. This problem is especially obvious on Bach keyboard pieces and is independent of sub-woofer settings (including off).

Anyway, I've had the speakers for nearly 6-8 months; now that I have finally set them up (properly?)- I'm disappointed.

Is this an amp problem? My old Denon (2 channel) is rated at 80 wpc into 8 ohms. Or should I have purchased a pair of M22tis?

Thanks for all of you who replied to my previous post about a/v amps. With your recommendations and some comparison shopping I hope to a good decision about separates vs recievers. Still leaning toward separates though.