Thanks to everyone that replied to questions in HT! I am in the beginning stages of building my first HT system and now researching surge protector/surpressors. Maybe I'm over-analizing
the topic but it seems crucial to choose the right product for your equipment used.http://computer.howstuffworks.com/surge-protector4.htm I just finished reading this info and would like to know what you guys recommend. What kind of protection should I use for my Sony Bravia xbr4 and HT electronics? Many companies introduce alot of hype into their "high end" products to get you to spend unnecessary $.

A few details that sound important are chosing products with UL ratings as a transient voltage surpressor, high joules(energy absorbant/dissipation ratings) of 700 or more and a protector with an indicator light. I also found the only protection against lightning is to unplug your electronics. I am now finding that every aspect of chosing and building my 1st HT system is very tedious and takes a great deal of research, oh and $$$$. Well I'm committed and will be setting up an Epic 60.500 with a Denon 3808ci. I'm starting with all wiring, cables and accessories then will be diving into the main course. Thanks for all replies.

demetman

Last edited by demetman; 04/16/08 04:24 AM.

Demetrios