Even the M80's? I was under the impression that the M80's needed much more power to get the most out of that speaker. Aside from space accomodations, the lack of available power was a main reason for me moving to a M60. After reading Sound & Vision's review on Axiom's 80/500 system I was convinced that very careful amp selection was needed to properly run those beasts. 200Wx5 was used to test the system which was noted as plenty of power. Maybe I should reconsider the M80's as you know first hand that the Denon 3808 can deliver.

Home audio all together confuses me in regards to speaker and power matching and getting the most from your speakers. My audio background is in car audio where a simple rule of thumb is to match speakers with the specified RMS power. A subwoofer loves up to 30% more power than it's RMS power capabilities. Proper gain settings or input sensitivity adjustments are crucial for delivering maximum unclipped signal to a speaker. Also an amplifier will double it's power output when stable operation of a lower ohmic load. Is this the same with A/V recievers that are stable at lower ohmic loads!

So now I'm here for home audio school I suppose. I look foreward to learning a lot at this forum(and building a sick system)!

demetman

Demetrios