Hi Joshmkiv,

It's really a matter of just how acoustically transparent the screen is. Worst case is that the screen might cause a bit of high-frequency attenuation (roll-off), but that's really not all that critical because it often occurs at frequencies of 15 kHz or higher, which are musically not all that important.

I'd be more worried about any possible boundary interference effects of your screen's framing. If that's well out of the way, then it shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, this is kind of informed speculation on my part, since I've never had a demo of acoustically transparent screen materials.

You could always try it of course, with a pair of M80s. Put one behind the screen material you're planning on using and the other without the screen material. Try some pink noise test signals and then some music, vocals, cymbals, where it might be detectable. Be sure the two speakers are fairly close together, otherwise just differences in locaton may account for audible differences you might attribute to the screen material.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)